spivco
spivco, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18 years experience. Hvac and electrical licenses.
65783193

MY WHITE RODGERS THERMOSTAT IS BLANK DISPLAY, TYPE1F86-241.

Customer Question

MY WHITE RODGERS THERMOSTAT IS BLANK DISPLAY, TYPE1F86-241. I HAVE CHECKED BREAKERS AND ALL WERE FINE. I RESET THEM ALL AND THE DISPLAY IS STILL BLANK. THOUGHTS ON WHAT TO DO?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 5 years ago.
Go to the furnace or airhandler. It is either located in the attic or basement or closet. Look to see if there are any signs of water in the emergency drain pan that the furnace or airhandler sits on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I CHECKED THAT, NO WATER IN THE PAN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ARE YOU THERE?
Expert:  spivco replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm Joe and I will be glad to help you out.

I'm sorry, I just noticed that there was no reply from the expert, so I will try to help out. If the breakers are on and no water is in the pan, then you should open up the indoor unit and look for a blade type fuse. If this is not the problem, then try fan on at the thermostat, if it does not come on and the fuse is good or non exsistant, then you will need a voltmeter and I would be happy to guide you through the diagnosis.