Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman 13 seer 2.5 ton heatpump. is there a recall

I have a goodman 13 seer 2.5 ton heatpump. is there a recall for a sticking reversing valve?
Mine has one that is stuck. SR-036 maybe would apprecitiate any help with this that I can get.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 years ago.

Phil :

All work to be done by licensed professional. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED, I come and go. This is step ONE.

Phil :

Hello

Phil :

They have had a recall on their reversing valves on 1.5 to 2 ton units.. 2.5 ton units were not mentioned but could well be included since the 2 ton and 2.5 ton valves are identical in some designs and SEER ratings.

Phil :

I will get you a direct contact for Goodman Manufacturing. that will be best, XXXXX XXXXX need the serial number and date of purchase and will have other questions for you. Goodman over the years as been pretty good about warranty replacements and that sort of thing.

Phil :

You will find their phone number on the right side of that page about 2 inches down, call them about the 'reversing valve recall' issue... let them take it from there.

Phil :

You can also email them from the same page.

Phil :

Let me know how it goes, in detail. i can help you from there. Phil