Will
Will, Specialty Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  30 years, heating, cooling, rotating, electrical, mechanical system and device repair
4456095

Cant get my Drolet eco-35 pellet stove to reset from error

Customer Question

Can't get my Drolet eco-35 pellet stove to reset from error code H1. I think i found the L-250 reset switch not sure if its the problem
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Will :

Please allow me a few moments to review your question again.

Will :

The L-250 automatic high temperature switch is located on the auger housing and will send a signal to the control board if the auger housing overheats. Wait until the stove cools down. YOU NEED TO INSPECT YOUR UNIT AT THIS POINT. There might be a problem with another component or the installation, causing the stove to overheat. Reset the stove and start it. Call a technician if you get this code again.”

In the long term, the stove needs more frequent cleanings.

Will :

As a test, and only a test, unplug the stove. Then pull off the other spade lug connection on the reset switch. Fashion a jumper to connect the two spade lug connectors that were on the L250 reset switch. You can use a short piece of #14 or #12 wire for this that has its ends stripped. Set the wires so that you are sure that nothing is touching metal. Plug in the stove and try it again.

If this works, the switch needs replacement. If it doesn’t, unplug the stove and reconnect this switch.

Will :

http://www.drolet.ca/upload/documents/manuels/drolet/45266A_17-11-2011-0002.pdf

Will :

Manual in pdf format if you need it

Will :

CODE BEFORE RESETING TO RESET
H1, H2, H3
OR H4
Heat exchanger and/or exhaust system
is/are clogged. Refer to the owner’s manual
for maintenance procedures. Press simultaneously for 2 seconds and
.
*** After 3 attempts, reset is no longer possible, call SBI technical support.

Will :

Page 15 of PDF manual