HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

my edenpure 1000xl will not heat up.

Customer Question
All the lights come on...
my edenpure 1000xl will not heat up. All the lights come on except for the one above the "temp up" button
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: HVAC
11/6/2011
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 6 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! I have one of these myself and most likely the "bulbs" or heating elements inside have burned out. I called EdenPure and ordered new ones and disassembled and replaced them myself. You can tell if one has gone out by "ohming" across each element and you should get a reading of so many ohms, not infinite.
I dont think they are burned out they look good but the glass tube that one of them was in was broken. I took it out. I'll try ohming them out tomorrow. If there bad i'll accept your answer. just because one is broken would that cause the others not to work I tried a jumper wire in its place. with no results
It would not get hot enough to bring the fan on if one was burned out.
I know that but none of them are heating up not one. would it be the themostat causing them to not come on at all, if so where is it i cant finde it to see if its broken
You will have to check for voltage at the heaters first. If you have voltage, but they are not coming on, replace the heaters. If no voltage, then yes, either the thermostat control or something in the wiring.
i have voltage across all elements even the one with the broken glass ohmed out good i still would like to know where the thermostat is that might be the problem seeing how the light above the temp up button dosnt come on that light use to only come on when it was cold enough if i remember right.
I believe on that model it is part of the control.
so in order to fix the heater i need to replace that electronic controll board is that what your saying?
Yes, that is correct. These heaters are fairly simple. There is a fan, some heating elements, a control, and a fan switch.
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Tim H.
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional