How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim H. Your Own Question
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 3971
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Tim H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a natural gas ENERJET home furnace and need to replace

Customer Question

I have a natural gas ENERJET home furnace and need to replace the burner tubes the model number is XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 years ago.

airheatman :

Have yo tried to Google the part to find on internet?

JACUSTOMER-hpdlgh70- :

Yes I have

JACUSTOMER-hpdlgh70- :

Yes I have already checked Google

Expert:  airheatman replied 6 years ago.

Do you have a complete Model number ?Is it a central duct furnace? Also can you find a manufacturers name on it? I haven't heard of the Enerjet brand,but most major manufacturers sell under several trade names. I can try fo do a bit of research to see what I can find if you want me to

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have anymore than it's a gas furnace that heats by ( steam) baseboard hotwater and it heats two zones. ENERJET Model number ET42 ///112500 BTU A.G.A. input
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 years ago.
I have opted out so perhaps another expert who is familiar with your furnace might step in.If I find any information, I will opt back in.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! The company is out of business, but many times you can replace with "generic" parts. The burner tubes are the one part that may be unique and a little more difficult to find. I'd try EBay or someplace like that. Are the tubes rusted?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
EBay shows a person willing to sell 1 unit I need 3. Two of the tubes are splitting at the ends , and yes have rust and carbon which indicates and uneven flame on that area of the tube. I was hoping someone might know a warehouse where they may have these
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
The burner tubes may be the one part that it would be difficult to use a generic part. Sometimes, if it's just a small split, I've successfully used foil tape to wrap around the area, but this is not a permanent fix. It's unfortunate that these manufacturers go out of business and leave their customers "high and dry". But the only way to find parts now is to check EBay or places like that where people have held onto parts despite the product being no longer made.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already been on ebay; I was hoping someone would know of a warehouse or particlar resale kind of place that deals in hard to find parts.such as these burner tubes.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
No, not really. This is not a well known unit. I doubt you'll find many parts for it other than places like EBay. As I said before, if the burners just have a small split, you may be able to cover it with foil tape. Furnace parts are not like antique car parts, you don't find people stockpiling them.