HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a oil furnace, I have hot water but no heat. the thermostat

Customer Question
is working and I can...
I have a oil furnace, I have hot water but no heat. the thermostat is working and I can see the contacts in the box open and close with spark as the therm. is turned up and down . Circulating pump does'nt run.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2011
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Welcome to Just Answer,

So you have an oil fired boiler (boilers heat water furnaces heat air) that makes you domestic hot water (with a coil in the boiler?). The fact that the control is repsonding to the thermostat makes me think the most likely cause of your problem is a faulty circulator if (as you say) the circ isn't running. You will need a mutlti meter to verify this
Neither the boiler nor pump will kick on.
do you make hot water with a coil in the boiler?
tapped circulating pump with a hammer, must have been stuck while being idle over summer. The system is working fine.
Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for using Just Answer
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor