BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

How do I replace the nozzle for my Thermo Pride model #OC2

How do I replace the nozzle for my Thermo Pride model #OC2-56D

There are settings that must be perfect for everything to work right. In front of the nozzle are 2 electrodes. These electrodes must have the right gap between each other..right gap from the nozzle orifice...and right position in front of nozzle.

That being said..it doesnt matter if you have a new nozzle if these settings are not right.

Do you know how to remove the drae assembly from under the transformer?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Billy,
I don't know where the nozzle is located, or how to remove the "drae" assembly. I do know that when I've had problems with the furnace in the past, they replaced the nozzle, and it seems to work. I am a contractor, so am pretty handy, and thought maybe this is something I can do with thee proper instruction.

Thanks!
Steve

Typo ...should read "draw assembly".

Turn off power

undo 2 screws that hold the big black transformer down in the center

flip transformer over

This exposes the draw assembly

The draw assembly is the oil tube and electrodes with the nozzle at the end.

once transformer is flipped undo the nut holding the oil feed line to the side of housing...then undo the nut under that it holds the draw assembly....then lift and pull the draw assmeb ly out in one piece.

At the end is the nozzle...use a wrench and a back up wrench to remove and to install new.

Slide back in and mount where it was.

Did you receive my last reply?

Billy