Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Haier 8000 BTU window air conditioner. Preference

I have a Haier 8000 BTU window air conditioner. Preference Plus Series. Recently it is stuck on "EO" and I cannot set a temperature. It has been 90 - 100 degrees here and I can't get it to cool. I have unplugged and replugged and it doesn't help.. .simply reverts back to "EO." Help!!!!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 years ago.

Phil :

All work to be done by licensed professional. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY . . . I come and go, be patient.

Phil :

first, to put this into perspective, these days you can buy a new 8,000 btu Haier or LG ac for under $200... thats less than a service call if you ask a technician to come out.

Phil :

Regarding the problem, and the fault code. With these units from china with the electronic controls the fault is virtually allways with the electronics. those are very difficult to diagnose and beyond the range of a home owner to diagnose.

Phil :

but there are some things you can do if you are handly and want to pull the plastic front of the unit off and access the electronic control module.

Phil :

let me know if want to dig into it, we can go from there

Phil :

Phil

Customer:

Ok. I will try. What can I do?

Phil :

Hello again, unplug the unit, remove the plastic front of the unit, access all the wiring and control module.. then replug all of the plug in type wire connections and look for any burnt wires.

Phil :

get back to me, we can go from there

Phil :

Phil

Customer:

ok. this is taking me a while. had to find tools.

Customer:

I give up. Even though I unscrewed the front box, I can't get the control module out to access the wiring. Thanks, anyway.

Phil :

you are welcome.