N4IEA
N4IEA, NATE Certified; HVAC Technician
Experience:  Retired, HVAC / Electrical Technician / Contractor 35-years Experience.
54745597

I would like to convert a GOODMAN gas furnace from propane

I would like to convert a GOODMAN gas furnace from propane gas to natural gas.
I need a conversion kit :LPM-05
Can you tell me ,please,where I can buy it?
Thank you.
J C HELLARD
TEL(NNN) NNN-NNNN
[email protected]
Category: HVAC
Expert:  N4IEA replied 6 years ago.
Hello J.C., I'm Lew and I will answer your question,

Natural gas conversions are usually the job of a qualified NATE certified Technician. The gas pressure must be set-up for your specific altitude after the spuds are changed and after the internal gas valve parts have been replaced. This is typically not a job for a homeowner unless you possess the abilities to do this safely. Please don't let me offend as my only concern is for your safety. I do have a phone number (1-800-254-4729) for Goodman however they usually sell to licensed contractors only.

You can try this avenue and perhaps procure the kit you are looking for...but be mindful
that it is not just a changing of the parts. The set-up must be performed or you will have
life threatening situation on your hands that you will not want.

Please ACCEPT my answer & provide POSITIVE feedback for my efforts.

Best of Luck to you...Lew
N4IEA, NATE Certified; HVAC Technician
Experience: Retired, HVAC / Electrical Technician / Contractor 35-years Experience.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

Lew is correct in that a proper pressure must be set.

You can find parts kit here - http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=goodman+LPM-05&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15858252722657501067&sa=X&ei=NqqUTae5IcO30QGwy4DlCw&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAg#

But the installation must be accurate. If satisfied please click accept on Lew.