HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Thermostat P/N 0441 used to go blank now and then, as if getting

Customer Question
Thermostat P/N 0441 TOTALINE used...
Thermostat P/N 0441 TOTALINE used to go blank now and then, as if getting no power. This time, it went blank, then on again, back and forth, but no response for heating! (We do not have air cond.!) If it can't be repaired, I'd like to replace it, but see now screw to take it off. How would I take it off? Wolfgang
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2011
HVAC Technician: M Oglesby, HVAC Technician replied 6 years ago
M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician

M Oglesby :

Hello I am here to assist you.

M Oglesby :

Have you removed the thermostat cover to check to see if it uses batteries?

M Oglesby :

If it does, change them out. It may have dead batteries.

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT if you are satisfied with this answer. If not, I will continue to assist you. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated!

JACUSTOMER-7mt7isrb- :

How do I remove the cover?

JACUSTOMER-7mt7isrb- :

I tried to remove it --- and removed the whole unit by accident. I suppose you didn't know that TOTALINE 0441 does not have any batteries....

HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 6 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

This is not a battery issue (obviously) it is the furnace running on limit or another safety which in turn cuts power to the thermostat. Then when cooled it magically gets power again.

Check the air filter first...the blower to make sure it runs consistently, and for any obstructions that could cause diminished air flow.

Check those things and let me know.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech