BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a weil mclain gold oil boiler and the oil ran out.

Customer Question

I have a weil mclain gold oil boiler and the oil ran out. It was refilled today but it now won't start. The red light is on. I tried priming the oil but nothing is working. Is it possible I am doing something incorrectly?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath replied 6 years ago.

Heath :

Hello my name is Heath it will be my pleasure to assist you. You will have to hold the button down on the burner for thirty to sixty seconds then the burner will start but you will have to bleed the air from the small 3/8 nippl on the left side of the pump toward the bottom. Open the port and have a container to catch the oil because once its open oil will come from the port as well as air. If the pupmp shuts down be sure and close the port so no air gets back in. You may have to bleed the air a couple times by holding the reset button down for thirty to sixty seconds again to get the burner to start.

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

When I open the nipple, no oil comes out. I had it refilled today.

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

Also, I held the button down for 30-60 seconds and no go...

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

The only light on is one solid red light.

Heath :

Yes you will have to hold the button down longer and then when the motor starts open the nipple and fuel and air will come out once the motor starts. You are pressing the red button just above the red light right?

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

I am pressing the only button I see there, just above the red light. I held that button down for 2 minutes with no response. I am perplexed.

Heath :

Try resetting the power first then hold the button down after the power has been reset.

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

I tried that...

Heath :

What type of burner is it Example: beckett, reillo, miller

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

Mclain Gold Oil Boiler

Heath :

Thats the name of the boiler the burner is made by someone else there should be a name on it.

JACUSTOMER-y548qa7q- :

Marathan Electric from Wisconsin

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

Does the reset box have terminals T and T?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

Are they combined together with a jumper?