BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Is it difficult to replace a blower motor on a Carrier furnace?

I wouldn’t say it is hard. But if you have never done it before it can be time consuming.

A tech can come in and be gone in an hour. Motor is usually on the truck, they do a lot of them thus have a system.

For a homeowner, just make sure you leave 3 hours you can have the unit down and take your time, write down what goes where or take pictures.

The hardest part is commonly getting the blower wheel off the blower shaft.

Read full interaction below »

Question

How difficult is it to replace a blower motor on carrier furnace model 58ssco226-ec. the motor makes a humming sound when starting, and doesn't seem to run as fast as it used to.

Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.