HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

air con is flashing operation and timer 5 times and then timer

Customer Question
once...
air con is flashing operation and timer 5 times and then timer once
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/28/2011
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Phil :

Hi,This is risky business, not responsible for damages on your end. We *keep going until *you are happy. I come and go. be patient

Phil :

The fujitsu's expecially the super efficient inverter models are quite complex with 5 micro computers on board and very little in the line of state side support... its going to be a tough fix. I can't do a lot on those lines to help you fix it.

Phil :

but if you are interested in an expert opinion and my help in navigating the situation let me know, we can go from there,

Phil :

Im in this PM for another hour, then will be back in the AM. Phil

JACUSTOMER-inndt17y- :

ok botXXXXX XXXXXne is it worth fixing . its for my business so with this heatwave I need to act quickly

Phil :

viability of fixing depends on the fujitsu dealership capability in your area. tell me what city you are in or nearest I will investigate that for you

Phil :

a call to fujitsu headquarters in your nation would be the surest bet to find a dealer ship

Phil :

these mfgrs have had a lot of issues getting service to their customers, lately some offer a 500 dollar test instrument to dealers that connects the unit to techs in japan who diagnose the issues (hopefully) .. we can investigate that, you can also.

Phil :

Tell me what nation and city you are in, we can go from there,

Phil :

Phil

Phil :

This may not be quick though. Let me know if you want me to look into back up options, such as a 12,000 btu portable ac by LG. for $600 dollars or so.

JACUSTOMER-inndt17y- :

north perth W.A. not getting anywhere local cant get hold of fujitsu guy all I need is approx cost and time frame to fix . you seem to back up what difficuties I am having . is mitsubishi any good for a cheaper alternative

Phil :

Hello again

Phil :

I dont like any of these split systems made in asia.. they are way too complex, for efficient service.. it can be nasty.. and in over 30 years of being in the US market the penetration is under 1 or 2 percent. that tells you something

JACUSTOMER-inndt17y- :

name a brand tech boys like thats available in australia

Phil :

the newer units are absolute marvels of engineering... but with way way too many wire connections and bits of electronics there are way to many potential failure modes to be worth coping with unless you were in a market where repair labor was two dollars an hour... its not in your area Im sure

Phil :

Give me a minute

Phil :

Rheem and thier Ruud brand are great and also big in Australia.

Phil :

call a few and get some quotes/

Phil :

Ads

Full Size Image

Northern Suburbs Joondalup.

Best Prices - Top Brands.

www.ahwair.com.au

1234 Albany Highway, Cannington WA 6107, Australia+61 8 6363 5343 ‎

"We are also dealers for Daikin, Bonaire, LG, Fujitsu andRheem.For more information please visit our website. Air Conditioning. Bonaire Daikin Fujitsu LG Rheem" - livepages.com.au

112 Pilbara Street, Welshpool WA 6106, Australia+61 13 10 31 ‎

"Branches / Construction & Heating and Air Conditioning Products / Construction / Solar collectors" - beuth.de

186 Great Eastern Highway, Midland WA 6056, Australia+61 8 9250 5070 ‎

"Perth - Heating + Cooling - home renovation showrooms featuring Air conditioning (Evaporative and Refrigerated), ceiling fans, heaters, ducted heating ..." - showrooms.com.au

9/151 SYDENHAM ST,, RIVERVALE, PERTH WA 6103, Australia+61 430 592 275 ‎

"Air Conditioning Installers, Air ConditioningRetailers, Airconditioning Installations,Airconditioning Repairs and Rheem"- livepages.com.au

Phil :

.

Phil :

\.

JACUSTOMER-inndt17y- :

thanks phil I,ll look into it

Phil :

Ducted systems not the wall mounted split systems like Mitsubishi and Fujitsu.

Phil :

Rheem is robust, and cost effective. deal with a quality contractor, installation quality is important with AC systems

JACUSTOMER-inndt17y- :

ok thanks

Phil :

Stay in touch, let me know what they say, I can advise you from there, Phil

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer