HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My lennox furnace is not keeping up with the thermostat temperature.

Customer Question
It is set on 70...
My lennox furnace is not keeping up with the thermostat temperature. It is set on 70 all throughout the day, but this morning when we woke up, it was sitting at 63. Any advice?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/12/2011
HVAC Technician: M Oglesby, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician

M Oglesby :

It sounds like your furnace is cutting out before it satisfies the thermostat temperature set point.

M Oglesby :

It could be several things that cause this but we will start with checking the basics. Have you checked the batteries in your thermostat if it uses any? Remove the thermostat cover to see.

M Oglesby :

Also check to see if it is a flame sensor issue.

M Oglesby :

The flame sensor is a small thin steel rod that is straight or L shaped and is located near the pilot igniter or in the path of the burner jets. Locate it, remove it, and clean it with a piece of emery cloth or sandpaper very good.

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated!