HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

90% secondary heatexchanger holding a lot of water in it,

Customer Question
Bryant 90% secondary heatexchanger holding...
Bryant 90% secondary heatexchanger holding a lot of water in it, not allowing the pressure switch to close. I removed the 3 hoses at the top (2 large 1 small) of the plastic trap and drained the water allowing the switch to close and the furnace to run. I removed the trap and alll lines going to it and checked for blockage ( none). 14 hour later they call back with no heat.
I didn't check the smallest of the 3 hoses @ 1/8 . Any ideas?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2011
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
You need to clean secondary heat exchanger. Getting stopped up. Just take a vacuum and vacuum out each tube. Russ
To clean the secondary heat exchanger I need to remove the inducer assembly and the plasitic housing that's in front of it correct? What is blocking it? I found very little slug in the trap yesterday. Is this common?
That is correct you will see small tubes after you remove cover. Russ
This happens after a few years operation. Sludge plugs the tubes. It is a normal job for service tech. We clean several secondary heat exchangers a week. Russ