HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trane XL 16 i thermostat is flashing an error code 80 message.

Customer Question
What does this mean and...
Trane XL 16 i thermostat is flashing an error code 80 message. What does this mean and what do we do to fix it
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/8/2011
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
This usually caused back lack of air flow inside . Dirty filters or fan not running.To reset faults turn power off to outside and inside unit and back on. Russ

Edited by gotoman for ac on 1/8/2011 at 11:24 PM EST
Russ,

It actually was a faulty computer chip and the units were not communicating with each other. Thanks anyway
No problem. Thanks for feedback. Russ