HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

HELP! I have an F2 error code on my display. Tried to centralise…

HELP! I have an F2...
HELP! I have an F2 error code on my display.
Tried to centralise the acctuator? valve and reset the boiler and display but the boiler still does not fire up, the F2 error is still shown.
1/8/2011
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Hi Rick here UK plumber, F2 indicates the motor head has failed, and will need to be replaced as long as the wires to it are not damaged, Rick
Thanks for response,

Am I right in thinking:

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/Honeywell-Smartfit-Valve-Actuator-p-1405.html?source=googlebase

it is this that needs replacing?

In my panic eariler I failed to let you know it is a glowowrm boiler with honeywell smarfit display / panel. set on "Y"

Thanks, Matt.
yes you are correct, the boiler it is fitted to makes no difference, other than that you can get your heating on while you are waiting for a new head by linking out in the boiler, and removing the motor valve head you will have no control other than the boiler stat but at least you will get hot water and heat, Rick
Think I understand.

I have removed the digital display cover.

2 prongs go into a (live) brown wire and a (blue) neutral

By linking out I presume if i connect these 2 wires my boiler will ignite?

Do I need to remove the acctuator and or cable going into or can I just leave this in place.

Currently I have the valve on the actuator manually set to the central position.

Many thanks (3year old and 6 week old to deal with as well as an irate wife :/)
No not from the display unit, you need to do it at the boiler, can you give me the model, then I can tell you exactly what to link out, Rick
A Glowworm 18hxi
OK under the boiler is a box with two screws and wires going into it, remove the two screws and lower the box, (turning the power of first of course) you will see an 8 way terminal strip, you simply need to put a small link wire between 1 & 2, leave all other wires in place, to turn it off you just need to turn the boiler stat off, at the motor valve just leave all as is, keep warm, Rick
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Excellent. We have ignition!

Thanks for your help :)
no problem, Rick