gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a York Heat pump model F2FP (Stellar Split-System )

I have a York Heat pump model F2FP (Stellar Split-System?) with an electric furnace. A few days ago, the breaker was tripped both on the internal furnace unit and on the home breaker panel for the furnace. Once everything was reset, it seemed to work correctly. However, I just noticed that the blower and furnace are always on (even when the thermostat is turn off, and fan is off). The external heat pump unit does not turn on anymore, despite it being above freezing. I switched the unit to cooling and it works (cold air, and external unit turns on). I suspect that the furnace is stuck on, and the blower safety turns on to cool the heat. The only way I can stop the blower/furnace is by using the house breakers. The heat is at the same level as auxiliary heating. Have you seen this problem before?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
Your problem is the fan/heat board top right side. The board has a heat relay and it is shorted. Need to replace. Russ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks! I guess this is a common question and you have seen this before?

I will call a technician to fix it shortly. Will he need to change the whole board? Any idea about the approximate effort and cost?

(last questions - I will accept you answer after this).

Thanks again!

Yes the entire board needs to be changed. Get me Model number of air handler and I will get approx price. Russ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The entire model number is XXXXX

Approx. price 125.00 Russ