Jerry, Service Technician
Experience:  HVAC Technician. Hearth Products Specialty
34748161

I have an older LSC 65 wall mounted propane heater with a honeywell

Customer Question

I have an older LSC 65 wall mounted propane heater with a honeywell vr 800 gas control valve, I need to replace the valve.

Must be a tough question, where are the so called experts? How about a response?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  al-mod replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator on the Just Answer website and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. I do not answer questions, rather I work with Customers and Experts to try to help questions get answered. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions may go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

This isn't an all-inclusive list as to why questions may go unanswered but they are some common reasons.

I have re-listed the question and alerted Experts that you are needing a response. Should you not receive an answer and you made a deposit, the deposit is fully refundable by visiting the Just Answer help pages or by replying back on this thread.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
What is the question?
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

I have done some research and the excact replacement valve is out of date. There is a replacement control valve that is available. I would need to know more specifics as the model # XXXXX your valve is a basic number. there are more numbers that determine gas type, btu rating, pilot style,ie. millivoltage, or 24 volt. and inlet and outlet size of gas lines to valve. It looks like the cost is just under $200 for the valve that I guessed it may be. Please reply if you need more specifics. You should be able to go to a local fireplace retailer or heating company to have them cross reference the info and get a valve ordered. Does your valve look like this?graphic

Edited by Jerry on 12/9/2010 at 7:42 AM EST