Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a GMPN080-4. The gas valve opens before ignitor glows.

I have a GMPN080-4. The gas valve opens before ignitor glows. This will happen one time then it will work fine for a few time then will start acting up.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! Sounds like you need to replace the circuit board as all these functions are controlled by the main circuit board.
Here is a board for this unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got this furnace from a friend because it had a bad CO leak. The heat exchanger was burnt through. That is fixed no more CO leak. But one of the flame rollout switches was fried and the wires were laying on top. Could this cause the circuit board to go out? Because the circuit board had been replaced just before I got it, as a temporary fix. They had to sign a waiver.
It could cause this to happen. It sounds like this furnace had some issues. Perhaps an amatuer tried to replace the previous board.
Some boards have built in fuses, but some don't.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you still think it's the board?
Yes, from what you're describing. If the valve opens before the ignitor comes on, these things are all controlled by the board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I have another question this is about my house furnace. My house was built in 2004, it is built to code with house wrap on the outside and plastic on the inside. I get condensation and mold on and around the windows.I have already replaced sheetrock because of mold. I have a York model (FG9B08012UP11C) furnace. Shouldn't there be an air exchanger or not?
Are you operating a furnace mounted humidifier in the winter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, but had the problem before I put it on. Right now it is turned off and still condensation.
It's possible if you have an extra tight house, you may need an HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator). This helps by bringing in fresh outside air and controlling moisture.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks very much for the help.

Chad

Yes, thank you!