HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am planning to replace my furnace heater It is a Bryant…

I am planning to replace...
I am planning to replace my furnace heater
It is a Bryant 63,000 BTU unit
The other option is to change out both the heater and split A/C with a new Bryant or Trane System
I would be looking for a 3 ton 14 SEER unit
10/23/2010
M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician

M Oglesby :

Hello

M Oglesby :

How can I assist you?

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

Price out a 14 SEER 3 ton A/C and a 63,000 BTU unit for the attic

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

did you get my question?

M Oglesby :

standard effieciency or high efficiency?

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

is 14 SEER standard or high? or are we talking about the heater system?

M Oglesby :

The furnace.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

Price out both

M Oglesby :

14 seer tells me what the A/c.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

yes attic has both heater and evaporator, condensor is outside

M Oglesby :

14 seer 3 ton A/C with a 63,000 btu furnace standard $4800.00 matl. and labor

M Oglesby :

14 seer 3 ton A/C with a 63,000 btu furnace high effiecency $5600.00

M Oglesby :

that is the ball park.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

what system is this and what if I just change the furnace. Also does it qualify for Fed Tax Break?

M Oglesby :

Only the high effieciency qualify for the tax break.

M Oglesby :

Lennox

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

OK, put in the high efficiency in the quote. Also what are we talking about Bryant, Trane, etc

M Oglesby :

Lennox brand

M Oglesby :

Furnace only High effieciency 63,000BTU $2300.00

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

Quote 3ton 14 seer A/C with high efficiency furnace for the attic; also quote 2 ton 14 seer A/C with high efficiency furnace for the lower floor

M Oglesby :

Attic; High efficiency furnace w 3 ton 14 seer A/C $5600.00

M Oglesby :

lower floor; High efficiency furnace w 2 ton 14 seer A/C $5300.00

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

how do the systems compare Lenox vs Trane vs Bryant. Also, what warranties should I be looking for

M Oglesby :

Truthfully sir/madam all of them are practically the same. Especially when you are dealing with high efficiency equipment. They just have different names. Usually they all have 10 year parts warranty on them.

M Oglesby :

Either one of those would be a good buy.

M Oglesby :

My advise to you would be get the one of the three that is the cheapest price.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

one last question. If a unit is 15 years old and has some holes on the heat exchanger, are we done and replace it, especially when everything A/C , heat etc still works?

M Oglesby :

If it is not causing any problems with the heat, I would not change it.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

so Carbon Monoxide etc is not to worry?

M Oglesby :

Have your house checked for carbon monoxide.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

yes yes never moves beyond zero despite calibration

M Oglesby :

You have no worries then

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

you are good; best!

M Oglesby :

The only advantage I see you will get from changing your system is lower cost on energy bills

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

how do i keep a copy of this chat

M Oglesby :

I really don't know. Sorry

M Oglesby :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

ok i figured it

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT so I can be paid for my time. Thanks!!!

JACUSTOMER-bdpfdf3n- :

yes yes yes yes yes yes thanks thanks thanks

M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician