HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an old Armstrong Ultra II 97 high efficiency gas furnace.

Customer Question
The blower runs all the...
I have an old Armstrong Ultra II 97 high efficiency gas furnace. The blower runs all the time but I have become used to that. My main problem is that it will no light as it is supposed to do automatically. I can see the pilot light and the system "clicks" repeatedly . . . but the burner never lights so no heat is generated.

I am not home improvement savvy . . . but this doesn't seem like it would be real difficult for someone who understands such things. Of course, I could definitely be wrong.

Any ideas as to what I could check? Thanks for your help!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/6/2010
HVAC Technician: Matthew, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

It actually could be a number of things. It could be the gas valve is stuck and not opening the main valve, it could be the control module and the gas valve isn't getting the voltage to open, it could be the igniter isn't sensing the pilot and sending the signal back to the module that the pilot is lite, it could be your gas supply isn't sufficient, it could be the orifices to the burners are restricted and gas isn't getting down them. You would need a volt meter, a gas pressure tester, and the ability to use alligator jumper wires to bypass some things to see what the problem is.

Matthew
Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician