Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

The blower on my Coleman furnace/Ac model #7681 8191/A (for

The blower on my Coleman furnace/Ac model #7681 8191/A (for manufactured homes) is not coming on. The green diagnostic light is on and the 3amp fuse is ok. It doesn't come on whether the position on the thermostat is set at "auto" or "on". Is there anything other than the blower motor that could cause this problem? If the motor must be replaced, can you give instructions on the procedure to remove and replace?
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hi, I can answer your question, lets handle them one at a time. Click 'accept' when you are satisfied.. or we can get another expert.

Phil :

IF you can find where the thermostat wires land in the furnace you can jumper red to green.. that should start the fan and tell us if the problem is in the thermostat or some other controls ... we then go from there.

Phil :

Get back to me if you feel like doing that test.

JACUSTOMER-jx7jdyt- :

I did the test jumping the thermostat wires in the furnace and the blower came on.

JACUSTOMER-jx7jdyt- :

Jumping the red to green wires caused the blower to start. Where do I go from there?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! If the blower comes on jumping R to G and your thermostat will not bring the blower on, most likely it is a bad thermostat. You can verify this by removing your stat from the subbase on the wall and jumping across R to G. If this brings the blower on, replace the stat. If it does not, you have a problem with the low voltage wiring.

Edited by Tim H on 9/1/2010 at 12:04 PM EST
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Replaced the thermostat and everything is fine now.
Thank you!