BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have installed a Comfort Star mini split A/C. I start the

Customer Question

I have installed a Comfort Star mini split A/C. I start the unit with the remote control and
the condensing unit starts, but the evap. fan will not run. Then I get a H6 code on the control panel display. Then the condensor shuts down. What is wrong?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

hello, h6 says it is an unused code - see here http://www.comfortstarusa.com/US_PartsList/ErrorCodes.html

any other code?

Customer:

yes I printed off that error code list and told tech support that it said unused and he states

Customer:

that its not the right codes for this unit. I also told him about led2 1 flash code and d109 1flash code

Customer:

on the outside unit. tech is no help at all.

Customer:

we need someone that can tell us what unused code means and what to do about it.

Billy :

I can tell you that if the evap does not turn on the condenser faults with low pressure. Has power to evap fan been verified

Customer:

we checked the power to the evap and we have 220 volts. we checked volts coming out of the

Customer:

board and we have nothing. so we changed the board out and it still gets us the H6 code with the new board. we tried to get tech support to send us the information that tells us what are all the volts/amps but we had no luck with that either. our tech support guy does not know anything.

Billy :

I understand your frustration...this unit is not well supported. Can you verify what you refer to as led2? and see if the troubleshooting chart refers to it - http://www.comfortstarusa.com/Manuals/OM_CMO28B3-4.pdf

Customer:

we have taken the unit outside and set it on fire.........thanks anyway................

Billy :

understood.....funny but understood