Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Can I increase the blower speed on my Carrier Weathermaker

Can I increase the blower speed on my Carrier Weathermaker 9200 for the air conditioner?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello.

Customer:

Hello

Phil :

It is likely that you can.... turn the power off to the unit and tell me how many wires are coming from the fan motor...and if two of them go to a grey or silver tin can looking thing about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

Customer:

Ok, I'll be right back

Phil :

i need to know the total number of wires and how each is marked... or any diagram on the motor is marked... we will be looking form marks that read Hi, med. low etc.

Customer:

I have a white, black, green and 2 brown wires coming from the blower motor. the two brown wires do not go to a tin box, infact there isn't any wires going to the tin box. I couldn't see any Hi, Med, or low settings.

Customer:

I made a mistake. There are 7 wires coming out of the blower, two brown wires connected to a small tin box and a red, white, blue, yellow and black wire.

Customer:

The white wire is plugged into the board that says neutral blower. The black wire is plugged into a black box on the board that says cool. The blue wire is plugged into the same black box on the board that says heat. The yellow wire is plugged into the board that says spare-1. The red wire is plugged into another black box behind the first black box on the heat side.

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Your blower is on the highest speed setting possible already for cooling. The speeds are HI-black wire, med hi- yellow, med low-blue, low- red.