HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I built a new one story nobasement home last year. I live on…

I built a new one...
I built a new one story nobasement home last year. I live on a farm out in the country. My present HVAC system is forced air with a 5 ton condensing unit. The inside sq footage of the home is about 1200 sq ft. The house is totaly insulated with spray foam insulation. I am thinking about putting a well in and using the well water to cool my home. I am a Journeyman Electrican so I know how to wire it. My thoughts are putting a hydronic coil above my present A-coil and letting the well water circulate through the coil. My question is about the hydronic coil. What size, what kind and where can I get one?
6/29/2010
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor

Good Afternoon!

sounds like a great project! my first bit of questioning for you would be where is your furnace located? is it all electric? You can buy an hydronic fan coil unit and just replace the whole thing if you want... there are a number of companies you can call but for one of the lowest prices go online and visit: first company. they are manufacturers of this kind of thing.

freon

My heat is natural gas. The furnace and air handler are upflow. It is located in a walkin in closet so space isnt a problem. The diuct work is in the attic with return air being drawn from the hall way.

Mr. White.

I really like your spunk. now what i think i hear you saying is that you want to keep the regular a/c and heat system in place so that if you needed to use them they would be there.... but you want to add the hydronic coil to either use independently or to precondition the air as it enters the furnace or air handler.

ok i believe you can add the hydronic coil just by ordering one and placing it in line at either the foot of the air handler (not furnace) (cooling coils are not recommended upstream of furnaces) or at the supply end of the furnace. Just sit it on top as you would a regular refrigerant coil.

Mr. White,

I see that you have gone off line, I hope my information was helpful to you and i am on stand by if you need any other input.

If you are satisfied with my work please click on the ACCEPT link. Thank you very much.

freon

Yes this is exactly what I have in mind. I will use an independent thermostat to control a contactor that will control the well pump and the air handler motor. Where and what did you recomend for the hydronic coil?

Earlier in my posts i mentioned a company called First Company. They are out of Dallas Texas. If you have any trouble then give my buddies at Aces A/C supply a call. Ask for Ryan Croiser. Tell him Andy sent you. and describe the size furnace you have.

freon

freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Andy can you give me a phone # XXXXX Aces or a website?

Dear XXXXX,

We are not allowed to give phone numbers on this forum. I would get in trouble. But we are allowed to give web sites. Their are two companies called Aces. The one near you is called Aces North. This is the one you are looking for.

http://www.acesacsupply.com/

I believe that Ryan is in the Carrolton office. Look under locations tab.

Thank you so much!