HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just purchased a RITETEMP thermostat # 6022 to connect to…

I just purchased a RITETEMP...
I just purchased a RITETEMP thermostat # XXXXX to connect to a Goodman heat pump, I have six wires that do not quite fit your diagrams; G,R,Y,W,B,& O. Can you tell me the correct conections?
Jim lenahan
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Chat Conversation Started
freon :

what color wires do you have?

Customer:

G,R,Y,W,B,& O

freon :

ok, just to make sure... are you saying you have gray, red, yellow, wite, black, and orange?

Customer:

gray, red, yellow, white, blue, and orange, I also have black and brown that were not connected to my replaced thermostat. ( Must be nice working from home.) Jim L

freon :

techs and installers can use what ever color wire they want as long as it is terminated in the right place at both ends... The point i am trying to make is this, if your old thermostat was working and wired right in the past, then you should mark where the wires were located on the old thermostat.

freon :

Now. This is the way most techs and installers would have wired the controls at the tsat:

freon :

Red wire to R or RC with jumper to RH

freon :

Green wire to G terminal

freon :

White wire to W1 terminal

freon :

yellow wire to Y1 terminal

freon :

orange wire to O terminal

freon :

and Blue wire to B terminal or B/C terminal

freon :

Does this help? freon

freon :

Jim are you still there?

Customer:

Thanks my friend, I will get back to you asap. I am not Wikpuy, WILL pay ypou today for a hamburger today.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

ok you are not Wimpy! Great!

if you are satisfied and i have helped you please click on the ACCEPT link.

Good luck and have a great week!!!

freon.

freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor

freon, I hate to be a pain in the ass,but I need to know about the jumpers. please answer. I'm happy to pay you, even a few bucks more, but I need to complete this. As I said before I am 73, I have had a lung removed and have COPD, so I need my air in hot humid Georgia. Jim L

i hope to help you get this done.... what is your question about the jumpers?

freon

and you are not a pain in the ___.

freon, The box has connectors as such; : : :, labeled 1 2 3, 456, 78, tyhey have provided straps for these, and show 4,5,&,6 strapped. They also call for a strap across RC and RH,which I have done. I don't know if you got my last msge, but due to health reasons I need my A/C. Jim

dear XXXXX,

it is possible that i did not receive one of the messages... sorry. Look closely at the terminal hook up for the new stat. it should already have a little brass jumper or wire jumper between RC and RH... this is ok. just leave it there. if it does not then just put one there. a little wire loop from RC to RH and the red wire can go into either one of these terminals. Now dont worry about the jumpers for the rest... you dont need them.

Thank you freon, you have been very patient, you are well worth more that the measly nine bucks. Can I send more. Again thanx, Jim

yes you can... and remember i dont get that amount... use your imagination and consider the web site has to make a profit. If you can afford to... be the first out of all my customers to pay a big bonus! If you cant dont worry i love to help folks regardless!!!

let me know if you still need help. just ask for freon.

And Jim,

Thank you very much!

Edited by freon on 6/30/2010 at 5:44 PM EST