HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

i do not get cool air from unit

Customer Question
i do not get cool air from unit
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, are you gettng any air flow at all from the unit?

Phil :

is the outside unit runnning?

Phil :

Can you find where the thermostat wires end up at the furnace or air handler? If so jumper red to yellow and tell me if the outside unit comes on.

Customer:

the outside unit hums,fan dose not come on,but there is air flow

Phil :

Hello again, the outside unit IS getting control power, it would be running if there were not something wrong it for sure... it will be a relatively serious issue, it could be time to all in the local HVAC repair company... unless, you are handy with a multi meter..if thats the case i can run you through how to run a few checks and possibly show you how to fix the unit yourself.

Phil :

let me know.