HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A BRYANT MODEL 661 CJ SERIES A/C or Heat Pump Unit…

Customer Question
I HAVE A BRYANT MODEL...
I HAVE A BRYANT MODEL 661 CJ SERIES A/C or Heat Pump Unit? Which is it? It has a large fan blade under the cover and runs off 220 VAC power. The fan turns buy no cooling effect into the single level home, Thermastat is turned down to 65 dergees F, and nothing is coming thru the vents that is cool. What could be the possible problems? About how old is my unit? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/29/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

Does the inside unit run? Does the outside unit try to run. Russ

Customer:

YES ON BOTH

gotoman for ac :

Ok go to outside unit and open panel. Check capacitor(silver cannister) for swelling ot puffy on top. Russ