HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Trane XB 1000 is not working. Came home to a hot house today.

Customer Question
Compressor is not running. Is...
My Trane XB 1000 is not working. Came home to a hot house today. Compressor is not running. Is there a reset button??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: freon, Licensed A/C Contractor replied 8 years ago
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Chat Conversation Started
freon :

not on most trane units... the engineers dont think it needs another place for the freon to leak out. freon

freon :

the indoor fan is on but the outdoor unit is not running at all?

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Dear JACustomer,

I see that you are off the chat window. We are here and ready to answer your question. There is not a reset switch in the unit. but it is highly possible that the condenser fan is out and in turn caused the compressor to overheat. Dont worry about that. these units are robust and tough! Let the condenser cool for a few hours and retry. turn the tsat to off.

freon

Dear JACustomer,

If i have helped you with my answers will you please consider clicking on the ACCEPT link? This is how we are paid. Thank you so much for contacting Just Answers and please come back soon.

freon