HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can you tell me if this TRANE outside units model # is for…

Customer Question
Can you tell me if...
Can you tell me if this TRANE outside unit's model # XXXXX XXXXX a heat pump or just air conditioning. The inside unit in the crawl space is older with no data plate in or on it.

Model # XXXXX
Serial # XXXXX
Mfr Date 03/94
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 8 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

would that e TWR instead of TRW?

Billy :

be

Customer:

Yes. Dyslexia kicking in.

Billy :

No Problem...that is a 3 ton heat pump also known as the XE1000

Customer:

Great. It does have the XE1000 on the picture of the data plate she sent me.

Customer:

So, I can safely tell her she has a heat pump, not just central air and electric furnace?

Billy :

that is correct...she may back up electric in the air handler...but the primary source is heat pump

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.