HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have one of your units maybe 3 years now, the units is wet…

Customer Question
I have one of your...
I have one of your units maybe 3 years now, the units is wet on the bottom all the time and I think this is going to rust out the pan sooner or later. Is thnis normal or is insulation missing? Erik
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: freon, Licensed A/C Contractor replied 8 years ago
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Chat Conversation Started
freon :

Dear JACustomer,

freon :

check the bottom of the unit from the outside and the inside. Does this unit happen to have a composite base? If it does dont worry about the water hurting or rusting it. Now also look into the unit and see if the compressor is sweating. if it is then there is a problem that should be checked out. normally if this happens either the filter is dirty in side the house or the unit is overcharged. freon

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Dear JACustomer,

I hope you found my answer helpful. Please click on the ACCEPT link if you have been helped. This is how we are paid as experts. Thank you very much.

freon