HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

new unit product no. 24abb348a0031010 the ac unit turns on…

Customer Question
new unit product no. 24abb348a0031010...
new unit product no. 24abb348a0031010 the ac unit turns on and off app. every 3 to 4 minutes the installer will not answer phone
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: freon, Licensed A/C Contractor replied 8 years ago
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Chat Conversation Started
freon :

Good morning JACustomer,

freon :

What is the size of the cooling unit and the square foot size of the conditioned space? Usually when this short cycling occurs it is because the unit is too large for the space.

freon :

Dear JACustomer,

freon :

Are you still there?

freon :

Please dont pay attention to the stepped in and out, it does not appear to be working.

Customer:

i was told it is a 3 ton unit. the house is one story average insulation and app 2,200 sq.ft. it is a 3 zone unit but none work properly.

freon :

ok

freon :

I dont reconize this model number...is it a ductless mini split?

Customer:

last time he was here it was ok there is a lot of moisture on the supply lines. lines are in a cwowl space. on not ductless

freon :

the suction line should be insulated. is this a conventional split system with supply ducts and return air duct?

Customer:

yes split system and the lines are insulated some are hard pipe and some flex pipe

freon :

ok. if you dont mind i am going to change the chat method. please stand by...

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Ok,

Lets try this method. Now if you have one 3 ton system and 3 zones it would seem to me that the zones are not set up properly.

freon