HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is the start capacitor size for Trane XR12 air conditioning…

What is the start capacitor...
What is the start capacitor size for Trane XR12 air conditioning unit?
6/28/2010
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

What model number?

Billy :

I see the series is xr12, but model will tell me tonnage etc

freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor

Dear JACustomer,

I can see by your text that you have a 25 uf capasitor... this is a run capasitor but you asked about a start capasitor....Which one are you needing? the start cap is black plastic, the run is silver metal....

freon

Billy is off line right now so maybe i can help.

Ok. I need the start cap. It is black.

Ok,

Now to find out the OEM replacement size we need your model number and you might as well get your serial number too.

freon

Trane XR 12 3045WKE1F

Please bare with me. The Trane xr 12 is the name of the unit but is not the model number... the number will start out like: 2ttr or 4ttr.... or if older then ttr

freon

ok let me look

Ok

It is a split heat pump system and it has 2TWR2024A1000AA on it. I didn't see a 2TTR or 4TTR on it anywhere. It's about 7 to 8 years old.

That is ok. the ttr is a straight cool unit. Ok it will take a short while to get the exact replacement size. I will research this and get back to you. Are you ok with this? Maybe 30 min.

freon

sure
Ok be back

CAPACITOR; START, 135 MFD, 330V, ROUND, W/ RESISTOR , this is what the parts list indicates. i also saw that it requires a 35/5 run cap... did you install a 25 uf run cap?

freon

Dear JACustomer,

If you are satisfied with my work please click on the ACCEPT link.

If you have another question please ask!

If you feel i have exceeded your expectations you may consider a bonus!

Thank you for contacting us!

freon

No. the one that was on it was 50/40 hz. Why was it not 60hz?
Are you in the US? If you are than you should have a 60Hz. (i think you already know this). Any way, be sure to get the correct size and voltage. it is very important.

Edited by freon on 6/28/2010 at 2:06 PM EST
yes

Ok, Please read my last reply, i added more.

freon

ok. Thank you so very much.
ok. Thank you so very much. Can't see picture.
Try double clicking on it.

I did, but no picture.

it was just a lay out of the control box. it was not really necessary. Hey thank you for your questions! I have enjoyed working with you. Do you think you can fix it with this info?

freon

freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor

Yes. Thanks again. Have a good day! :)

And thank you! have a great week. Please come back to Just Answers!

freon