HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier roof top unit its a two compresser it also…

Customer Question
I have a carrier roof...
I have a carrier roof top unit it's a two compresser it also has four relays one for the condenser fan one for the evap fan and two relays for the compresser the relays for the fans make but the two for the compresser is making when the stat call for cool air can you please tell my what may be the problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: freon, Licensed A/C Contractor replied 8 years ago
freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor

According to what you have wrote it is working properly. Did yo mean to say that they are not making?

the unit works but the compress relay isnt making
The most likely cause is that the unit may be out on either a low pressure switch, high pressure switch, or faulty time delay relay. Can you verify that there is refrigerant in the system?