HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

my blower keeps kicking out when running my central air. what…

Customer Question
my blower keeps kicking out...
my blower keeps kicking out when running my central air. what could the cause be
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 8 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

What is the make or model, and age of the unit?

Customer:

the blower or tha condencing unit?

Billy :

which are you referring to as quitting? Indoor blower fan or outdoor condenser fan?

Customer:

indoor blower on the furnace

Billy :

Thank you....that would be the number I need then...furnace make and model

Customer:

it is an acclaim weather king

Customer:

where would the number be?

Billy :

Inside the upper section. Also remove bottom door and tell me if thermostat wires attach to a circuit board

Customer:

k one sec

Customer:

i dont see any numbers. the blower works fine when i run the furnace

Customer:

when i run the ac it runs for awhile then kicks off

Billy :

The heat function uses a different terminal than ac. Also s different speed on the motor.

Customer:

is that a chocolate lab mix on your profile?

Customer:

does that mean it is my the?rmostat

Billy :

To find out why it quits requires using a meter to see if motor is getting power but not running...or not getting power.

That is a Newfoundland...my pal Sherman

Customer:

thermostat*

Billy :

Not thermostat.....will be in circuit board or the motor itself

Customer:

beautiful dog

Customer:

the i need a repairman?

Billy :

Thanx!

Customer:

i have a choc lab

Customer:

i have a tester but it just test if there is power but doesnt test the voltage or anything.

Billy :

This is a hands on electrical testing situation...It would be safer to call a tech...I really wish you luck

Customer:

would a hvac tech be able to repair? or do i need an electrician

Billy :

I would start with an hvac tech.