HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

how to whire a fasco motor d703

Customer Question
how to whire a fasco motor d703
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

What wires do you have on your Fasco motor. Russ

Customer:

it has a permanent split capacitor

Customer:

oops not done

gotoman for ac :

I figured it was PSC motor. Need color and number of wires. Russ

Customer:

hp 1/2 1/3 1/4 (4.0-2.7-2.0 amps) 208/230volts 1075RPM 3speed (Rotation elect.rev) whires 18awg purples together 18 awg yellows together then the thick 18 awg brown, brown w/ white stripe, black, white, a blue and a red one and green for ground.

Customer:

Im replacing a GE motor 1/3 HP, 208/230V, 2.7A, 1075 RPM, PH1

gotoman for ac :

The bron and brown/white go to capacitor. The white is common the blue med. and red low and black high. You will have to determin rotation by switching purple wires.. Connect white common to one side of line L1. Connect whatever speed you select to L2. Russ