HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Portable air conditioner model # AP076E This is the first…

Customer Question
Portable air conditioner model #...
Portable air conditioner model # XXXXX
This is the first time we tried to use the unit.
It comes on, but it is not cooling. The room temperature display does not work. The room is about 82 degrees, but the sensor reads in the 50's. There is also no air coming out of the front of the unit.
Please give us your thoughts.
Thanks,
Bob and Margie Snyder
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/27/2010
HVAC Technician: Rick Mather, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Rick Mather :

Check for clogged coil filter and or coil itself has extremely dirty surface and internal build up of dirt

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
These units have become throw away item if the fix is not simple such as dirty coils that can be cleaned but if control boards are bad then just buy newer unit
How do you get the back off. I removed the screws but the top is still attached & won'y budge.
There are always some screws that always seem to remain hidden