HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

i had a repairman replace the contacts and capacator on my…

Customer Question
i had a repairman replace...
i had a repairman replace the contacts and capacator on my ac unit and now the compressor keeps kicking on and off which it never did before he changed the parts. It takes all day to keep my house cool because it never reaches the set temperture. Could he have put the wrong contacts or capacator in there to make it do this. On the compressor it says 270 / 208 volts and on the capacator it says 370 volts.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/27/2010
HVAC Technician: Richard, Technical Manager replied 8 years ago
Richard, Technical Manager
Chat Conversation Started
Richard :

Hello, it is unlikely but not impossible that he mis wired the new components. However was the unit not working before he replaced the parts? Dont worry about the voltage reading the capacitors are always rated at hight voltages. What we do want to know is was the old capacitor rated @370 volts you can go higher but not lower in voltage ratings.

Customer:

I had to get a new unit so your answer really was not helpful. Sorry. Thanks anyway and please let me know what i owe you. [email protected]

Richard :

No problem