HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a samsung mini split ducted system. I live in charleston,

Customer Question
I have a samsung mini...
I have a samsung mini split ducted system. I live in charleston, SC. When the unit is in the cool mode the humidity is 77%-83%. When I put the unit in the dry mode the humidity goes down to about 63%, which I still think is too high. Also while in the dry mode the temp over shoots by a lot. I have the unit set at 79 and the temp is actually 69. It was my understanding that this mini split unit was supposed to remove extra moisture. I have a regular unit elsewhere in the house and humidity is not an issue. The mini split is in a new addition with better windows and insulation. What is going on?
Brad
Thank you for any help you can give.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/26/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, try running the fan on low speed and see of the humidity control and temp control works better... on high speed you will get too much cooling and not enough dehumidification..thats regardless of what the instructions say if the unit is not sized properly... none of the is a major issue.. try these things and let me know, we can go from there.

Customer:

your answer is what we put in the already tried catagory

Phil :

Hello again, many times we go though 5 or 10 of those on the way to resolving a customers problem..when the problem is resolved then you click accept... before then I might suggest a few more things you have already tried or that dont work when you try them... I will be asking you to do various tests as well.

Phil :

Let me know if you want to continue on that basis.

Customer:

No, I do not wish to continue and I do not think my question was answered satisfactorily as your response was something I had already tried and I mentioned so.

Phil :

hello again, about 90% of the time a customer has tried various things.. if what i provide is one of them and you find that answer not useful... and the problem persists.. we simply keep going until you finally do get an answer that you have not tried... and an answer that does work... and in that case, even if the answer works... you still must be satisfied..then in that case.. at your option you can choose to accept the answer or not.

Phil :

Let me know if you wish to continue on those terms or not... you accept only if you wish.

Customer:

I do not wish to continue