HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My LG ducted-type AC (model ABUW426KSA0) suddenly stopped providing…

Customer Question
My LG ducted-type AC (model...
My LG ducted-type AC (model ABUW426KSA0) suddenly stopped providing heating. Whe I switch unit ON, the AC's fans run fine, control unit say 'pre heat'. About a minute later, control unit shows 'outdoors' below 'pre heat', then 'pre heat' message turns off and units starts blowing cold air through the house. Is there a fuse that might need replacement?

Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/26/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, the unit is trying to tell you that its too warm outside to run the unit in heating model.. what was the outside temperature when you got that error messsage? If it was above 68 to 72F the unit was telling you it was too warm outside for the unit to operate in heating mode properly. If it was cooler than that outside the units outside air sensor is on the fritz if you are lucky, or the main control card is defective... that will cost more than a new unit to replace.

Phil :

It it were mine I would pull the panels off, unplug it, and then un plug and replug all of the electronic gang connectors inside... and look in the owners manual for an 'outside air sensor' and go the dealer and ask for a replacement ($20 or so).. you should be able to do that yourself.

Phil :

Do some or all of these things and get back to me. we will go from there.

Phil :

Hello again. I got notice that you responded but no text arrived..