HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Trane XE 1000 Heat Pump and it appears to have stopped…

Customer Question
I have a Trane XE...
I have a Trane XE 1000 Heat Pump and it appears to have stopped working. I can hear the blower on the furnance working but I get no activity from the heat pump. Is there a reset botton on the heat pump? I only noticed this after I cleaned the filter yesterday. It appeared to have stopped working late yesterday. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/25/2010
HVAC Technician: ComfortZone, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
ComfortZone
ComfortZone, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
ComfortZone :

Have you checked the breaker box to see if it is tripped? Do you own a voltmeter so you can check to see if you have power to the outdoor unit? Can you spin the fan at the outdoor unit? There is a disconnect box near the outdoor unit that may contain fuses, so check that as well.