Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

the alarm pilot light alert is on. Why

Customer Question

the "alarm" pilot light alert is on. Why?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tim H :

Have you tried checking the condensate pan to see if it is full and may need emptying? I don't know for sure that this is what the alarm is, but it is a common issue. If it's not this, get back to me for further troubleshooting.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 years ago.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hank you and sorry for not getting back earlier. Actually you did not answer the question for me or solve the problem. There is NO condensate pan on this Delonghi "Pinguino" unit so there is nothing to empty???
When it stops putting out cold air a red warning light appears on the front panel. We discovered a red switch/button on the back. When we push it the warning light goes out and it starts to output cold air again. However, it works for a period of time and then the same thing happens. Not good. It doesn't put out cold air continuously. Please advise.

RICHARD SORTOMME XXXXX
Mount Vernon, NY 10552
XXX-XXX-XXXX home
XXX-XXX-XXXX mobile [email protected]
www.richardsortomme.com