HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Danby window unit 5250 BTU. It stopped running and…

Customer Question
I have a Danby window...
I have a Danby window unit 5250 BTU. It stopped running and shut off. This has happened in the past and I unplugged the unit for a period of time and then plugged it in again. After a few minutes it beeped and I was able to restart it. (This is not the cleaning shut down where you remove the filter and clean it) On this occasion after unplugging the unit for a period of time and plugging it back in, the unit beeped 3 times but did not restart. Help!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/24/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, its probably an electronics anommally. punch up the control buttons, start, stop, heat cool then turn it off and try it again for a few times...get back to me with the results.

Customer:

Hi Phil,

Customer:

Not to worry....have to work tomorrow and couldn't futz around with it any longer. Went out and bought a new one. Tried all your suggestions and no dice. Probabley the timer is not functioning or whatever. They don't make them like they used to!

Customer:

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

You are wecome, these units today are more or less disposable compared to the cost of repairs.. that was a good choice. Thanks for the accept.