HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

i am installing a honeywell RTH 3100 C thermostat to replace…

Customer Question
i am installing a honeywell...
i am installing a honeywell RTH 3100 C thermostat to replace my old one. i have a lennox gas operated heat pump and dont know where the white wire goes?
my setup uses white blue brown red green yellow wires. i connected the blue to c yellow to y red to r green to g and brown was not connected to the heat pump but on my old one is was connected to o. so where do i put the white one?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/24/2010
HVAC Technician: Heath, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Heath
Heath, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Heath :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be my pleasure to assist you. The white wire should go to the aux. terminal. This is for the auxillary electric heat.

Heath :

Hello was wondering if the information that I provided was of any assistance to you as I have not received an accept from just answer.