HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

installing split system inverter but it wont work! The installer…

Customer Question
installing split system inverter but...
installing split system inverter but it won't work! The installer can't figure it out. Works on cooling but not on heating..ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/24/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

On Samsuug units there is an extra wire that goes from outside unit to inside unit that switches the reversing valve. There is a white wire tucked behing the two boards on inside unit and one wire one outside unit. Russ

Customer:

all wires seem to be in order/connected ( there is the extra one on the outside unit like you said but there is no white wire tucked behind on the inside unit...

gotoman for ac :

Look in your install manual it connect to inside unit . On a Amcor it is a white wire. Russ

Customer:

this model doesn't have that wire..the older models do, though not this one. samsung have said they think it's the circuit board and that I have a DOA unit...sigh

gotoman for ac :

We have gone as far as we can, are they sending you a board. Russ