HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

ac wont turn on

Customer Question
ac wont turn on
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2010
HVAC Technician: Richard, Technical Manager replied 8 years ago
Richard, Technical Manager
Chat Conversation Started
Richard :

Hello we will need to do a little trouble shooting. First, will the indoor blower run? do you have a volt meter you can use?

Customer:

the indoor blower is running, I dont have a voltmeter. In the meantime it has actually started running but seems to be going at about half speed.

Richard :

Hello a couple of things to check before you call a technician. Make sure the air filters are clean. then go outside and check the condensor coil make sure it is not dirty. you should be abe to clean that with a hose just kill power first. let me know if i can be of more help. Other wise you could have a leak in the refigerant. but we will need guages to test that

Customer:

this started right after changing the battery in the thermostat. no problem before that. Filter and coil are clean.

Richard :

Hello the thermostat and or unit could have been in a time delay. Is it keeping temperature now?