HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a well functioning Amana Room A/C & Heat pump purchase…

Customer Question
I have a well functioning...
I have a well functioning Amana Room A/C & Heat pump purchased and installed in 2008. It has the same dimensions and appears to have essentially the same controls as the 2010 model of Amana's AH093A35MA 9300 BTU Room A/C and Heat Pump. I have three Questions:
1) Is the 2010 Model of the Amana AH093A35MA 9300 BTU Room A/C and Heat Pump essentially the same as the 2008 Model? If not what are the major differences?
2) How many watts are required/used when the heat hump's electrical heat strips are activated at very cold outside temperatures?
3) I have misplaced my spec sheet and instructions for my 2008 model. Could I download copies from one of your web sites? If so, which site? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Smith. e-mail:[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, the paper work approach will be very time consuming most likely... the unit name plates will list all of the information, comparing the two will give you any significant differences.

Phil :

let me know if you need more elaboration.

Customer: I found the answers through Amana. Your reply was of no help whatsoever.
Phil :

Hello again, thats fine... the manufacturers often know more than I do..especially when I bliind on this end. No need to click the accept button in that case... have a good day.