HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

how do I receive my last answer

Customer Question
?...
how do I receive my last answer ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/21/2010
HVAC Technician: Richard, Technical Manager replied 8 years ago
Richard, Technical Manager

Hello

I think there is something wrong with the chat part of the site, could you tell me the question again i can see it anymore but i do believe i was the one that answered it.

Thank you

have a white rodgers thermastat. how can I program it to act as a non programable thermastat.it wakes me up freezing at times during the night and lets the house warm up past 80 during the day.. i will be putting on the 3rd compressor later this week and the unit was installed in 2000

Hello

What i was looking for was the complete model to the stat. 1F78-151? there are several versions. Just want to make sure I give you the correct information

Thank you

white rodgers programable #!F78. this is all the info on the unit and I don't have a manuel or any other #.I just want to know how to set the damn thing to where you set the degree we desire and it stays there unless we move it up or down. We don't care anything about the degrees being changed through some programs that raise or lower the temperature different times of the day like high when we are at work then lower 30 mniutes before we return. IN OTHER WORDS HOW DO WE TURN THE PROGRAMABLE PART OFF AND LET THE THeRMASTaT WORK LIKE THEY HAVE FOR THE PAST 60 YEARS

Hello

There are hundreds of thermostats and dozens made by White Rodgers. 1F78 gives me a series but without the last three numbers i am guessing. However, there should be some sort of button that say Hold temp or override temp. On some stats you need to press run program..wait a minute then press HOLD or Hold Temp