HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Im looking for specification sheets on Trane M#SAUCC153BA0.

Customer Question
I'm looking for specification sheets...
I'm looking for specification sheets on Trane M#SAUCC153BA0. Where can I find them or get them e-mailed to me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/21/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, this is not an answer, I have no access to those either, Perhaps if you tell me what you need the spec sheets for I can help you with the information you need otherwise, Ive worked with Trane units for almost half a century

Customer: I'm trying to conduct an energy audit to see how much power this facility uses (assuming full load). However I need to do the kW conversion from BTU and EER according to the power company's standards. I also must provide formal documentation stating both BTU and EER.
Phil :

Hello again, I am way more than intimately familiar with the power company's strategies in thise matters.. ive written long long screeds about to others... i will summarize for you, they dont raally want to save any energy they just want to make the PUC think they are trying...so the put on a fake show, and demand all sorts of hard or impossible to get paper work...

Phil :

Im doing one llke that now a huge vegitable produce house... what a mess, and they lie wall to wall, their new 'tiered use' billing tripled residential rates over the last 5 years, their new smart meters have tripled the bills again, up to 1,000 dollars a month for electric utilities in some homes that used to run a 200 dolllar a month bill.

Customer: :) Yes, I realize it's basically a big show.
Phil :

(the work i am doing is hard wired computer like but turn one knob type adjustment so the owners can defeat the new utility billing strategy...demand charge, peak shaving etc)

Phil :

Ofter you spend weeks getting that paper they may not accept for a wide range of reasons including that performance will depend on the installation issues, duct size and etc.. and besides the rebate fund just ran out of money, try again next year... or..ooops.. this rebate only applies above xx tons of regrigeration or horsepower... or in 24/7 operations..etc

Phil :

then they will accept a few and publicize that to demonstrate their 'integrity'...

Phil :

Let me know if you need more elaboration etc..